It’s funny to carry someone around in your belly for 9 months and not really know much about them. Like what does he look like? What does he like, dislike, and does he have any hobbies? I know that he likes it when I eat ice cream and he always dances when Otis Redding is playing. But other than that, we can really only make guesses as to what our little baby will be like once he’s born.
Here are a few things that we have decided about him:
1) Because the first letter of his name starts with E, his favorite animal will definitely be an elephant. And I hope we’re right about this because there are lots of elephants in his room.
2) He has a British accent. I know what you’re thinking, how can he have an accent when he’s born in the US? The answer is I don’t know, but he will have one. When we make him talk, because we are “those people” and pretend to make him talk, he calls me Mummy. And he sings “catch a falling star and put it in your pocket” like the little boy in Love Actually. The boy with the spiderman face paint.
3) Obviously, he loves his Mom more than anything and anyone in the world.
4) He has hazel eyes and a sprinkling of freckles across his nose, like his Dad.
5) He loves meatball sandwiches, hence his nickname. He especially likes the one from Gina’s pizza with the white and red sauce.
Besides these little tidbits, we’re not really sure who’s going to be showing up in a couple of weeks. But it just makes it that much more exciting to meet him.